A dynamic, integrated asset management service with the flexibility and transparency to meet your investment objectives. We will guide you through a long lasting structure suitable to your risk appetite.
Global Insurance Settlements Funds PLC will assist you in reviewing some key characteristics of the asset class, low correlation and low volatility, to asses if this is suitable for you.
Key Benefits of Investing With Us
- Very low correlation - This means that the performance of the Life Policies will be based on the characteristics of the pool of the insured lives, and not on the performance of traditional markets, such as the stock market, the property market and the interest rate market.
- Benefit amount assured - This means the benefit payable on each policy is contractually fixed at the time of purchase.
- Non-contestability - The Fund only purchases Life Policies that have a non-contestability provision. Normally the Contestability Period is the first 2 years that the policy is in force.
- Innovative structure that provides tax clarity and is flexible to your needs.
- Our funds are established in highly regulated and compliance-orientated environments and the services of leading custodians and service providers are employed to protect the underlying assets.
- Never failed to collect a policy benefit that has become available and never lost a policy through poor management or legal action.
The Life Settlements Industry in the U.S.A
- A major research house has analysed that the total face value of in force U.S life settlements at year-end 2014, was just over $32 Billion.
- They also forecast that the average annual volume of new life settlements will be approximately $1.8 billion per year.
- All up they estimate that over the period of 2015-2024, the average annual gross potential for life settlements will be approximately $182 billion.
- The Life Settlements industry is expected to continue to grow significantly.
(Conning Research & Consulting, 2015, Life Settlements Secondary Market Annuities: Opportunities and Challenges, pp.7-9)
The Fund's Policy Purchase Criteria
- Contestability Period - Policies must be beyond their Contestability Period.
- Medically Evaluated Life Expectancy (LE) - Policies must relate to persons aged around 65 years or older with multiple health impairments and an LE of 10 years or less.
- Updated Health Information - Policies must relate to persons who have entered into a contract to provide updated health information periodically.
- Beneficiary Waiver - If the insured is the current policy owner, the Fund will require the insured to sign a beneficiary waiver or an affidavit.
- Credit Rating - Policies must be issued by life insurance companies rated ‘secure’ or better, by A.M. Best or an equivalent insurance rating organisation.
One of the Fund's Policy Purchase Criteria is for policies to have been issued by an insurer with a suitable A.M. Best rating. A.M. Best provides ratings on the financial strength of insurance companies. Ratings provide an opinion of an insurance company’s ability to meet long-term obligations to its policyholders. The Investment Manager intends to only purchase policies issued by insurance companies rated "secure or better" by A.M. Best or a similar rating agency (Moody’s Investor Services, Fitch, Standard & Poors). By doing so, the Investment Manager believes it can substantially reduce the risk of potential losses that may result from the financial failure of an insurance company.
The Investment Manager considers that the size of the U.S. Life Settlements market, the U.S. regulatory controls, and other features, make Life Settlements an attractive investment. For a full explanation of the benefits and risks of investing in the Fund please see the Prospectus.
Do you have any questions?
Should you have any questions regarding the life settlements asset class, the strategy, the fund, or our services please contact us. Additionally, this website is filled with a variety of technical and useful information on the industry. We understand that some information may not suite your protocols and we are happy to assist with your research.