Privacy and Security
We care about your privacy and we respect your privacy rights.
The Website is operated by Global Insurance Settlements Funds Public Limited Company (”we”, “our” or “us”). We allow people to browse the Website, print and review contents of the Website, complete enquiry forms and submit requests to us receive information about specific investment products and services.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
How we Collect Information on our website and How We Use It
During your time as a user of the Website you can browse the Website anonymously. You will only be asked to provide information to us when you have volunteered it (e.g. when requesting information in relation to specific investment products and services). We will inform you at the time of collecting the information from you whether you must provide the information or whether the provision of information requested by us is optional.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you have applied for one of our products or services, or if we provide you with a product or service, then:
- your name, address and contact details;
- date of birth
- employment, income and financial details;
- bank accounts and credit reference details; and
- details of the products and services that you have as provided by Global Insurance Settlements Fund PLC.
- if you contact us in relation to our investment products and services or this Website, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- if you request information about our products and services, we may collect the data that you submit, i.e. name, address, email address and telephone number, to provide you with the information you have requested and to contact you in relation to these products or services; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also collect personal information from third party sources including:
- other entities who provide services to us related to the products and services provided to you by us or for which you have applied;
- credit providers and credit reporting agencies (only if a credit application is made by you;
- Global Insurance Settlements Funds PLC;
- publicly available sources of information; and
- your representatives or agents (including your spouse, accountant, financial advisor or other professional advisors) where they have confirmed (by their actions or in writing) that they are legally entitled to provide this information to you.
[We may record all telephone calls to us in connection with this Website for business purposes, to carry out your instructions correctly and to help improve the quality of our service, Website and in the interests of security.]
Uses made of the information
The Website can be used to browse and view information relating to our products and investment services and about us, print and review contents of the Website, complete enquiry forms and to contact us requesting information about specific product and services.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have requested to be contacted for such purposes;
- to process any application made to us, to administer any investment or product with us, to provide services related to any investment (including administrative tasks related to the management of your investment) and to comply with statutory laws and regulations;
- to contact you in relation to products and services about which you have made specific requests for information from the Website;
- to carry out our obligations connected to any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to deliver and maintain a high quality service;
- to maintain an ongoing relationship with you;
- to allow you to access the Website [and to participate in interactive features of our service], when you choose to do so; and
- for the purposes of compiling statistics.
Where you have agreed we may also use the information about you to:
- identify other products and services that we offer which may be of interest to you and provide you with information about those products and services; and
- identify other products and services that third parties offer which may be of interest to you and provide you with information about those products and services.
Disclosure of your information to other people
If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- your financial planner or other any professional advisor that you have dealing with us on your behalf until such time as you withdraw the advisor’s authorisation in writing;
- auditors and regulatory bodies;
- the custodian and any other third party referred to in any contract that we have with you;
- our external contractors who provide data backup and restoration services in relation to the Website;
- a prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the Website or all or part of our business, or those businesses of the entities listed in the first clause of this section or the clause below and;
- a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreement relating to the Website, our product or services contracts or any other contract with you or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our group of companies, the entities referred to our product or services contracts with you, the Website, our customers or others.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other group companies or service providers located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This may happen where our servers, suppliers or service providers are based outside of the EEA or where you use our Website or services and products while visiting countries outside of the EEA. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in Ireland or the EU but in these instances we will endeavour to take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected. You agree that we may transfer your personal data on that basis.
Security of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data and to prevent unauthorised access to it, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, alphanumeric IDs, operating system and browser type, for system administration and statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests; and
- to speed up your use of the Website.
Access to information and updating, verifying and deleting personal data
At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal information that we hold about you. We will provide this information to you [and we may request a small administrative charge].
We aim to ensure that the personal information we retain is accurate, complete and current, but you must tell us if any personal information that you give us changes or becomes obsolete. You can modify, update or delete your personal information that we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will update or delete your personal data.
User feedback and complaints
LSI Management Limited
Suite 1116, Fitzwilliam Business Centre
77 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay